Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Research Note #2

Continues from here

On the previous note, this Necromancer stands no chance against lightning that can pierce thru the bone prison [ the lightning tower at Arcane Santuary ]. Im using Nightmare Defensive as to slow down the target, making me easier to aim the enemy while they freeze. My primary weapon is Bone Spear, with Bone Prison as my 2nd tanker [ meaning, i used Bone Prison to trap my enemy, then pierce them with my Bone Spear ]. with my current Bone Spear damage 1788 damage in Act 2, althought it is doing fine at the moment, i felt the damage is too low when i read this article :

How 2 Make a Real Bone Nec

What I do.
Ok I have been seeing a lot of really noob guides lately and I am just sick of it. First I will tell you about my necromancer.
Right now after 3 long days of playing I am lvl 71. I do about 3.3k with bone spear, and almost 4k with bone spirit. And I am still getting more damage.
Equipment I use. If u are pretty decent at this game u can get this stuff.

Wep-White Runeword (2 soc NEC wand with dol, Io in it, only wepon you will need)
Arm- Any decent + skills armor. Right now I am using a 912 deffence ViperMagi, soc’ed with a Um rune. DO NOT USE TRANG ARMOR. No reason to.
Helm- Um’ed Shako
Belt-Trang
Glove-Trang both pieces give you 15% faster mana regeneration, which is nice.
Boots- ONLY USE MARROWWALK! Its kind of gliched and give bone prison +33, so a lot more damage is good.
Rings-Use manald or dwaft till you can get BulKathos or SoJ.
Ammy- +3 to PnB ammy.
Shield. Homonclulus or any thing that give + 2 or more skills to PnB

My stats with my equipment are the following
Str. 135
Dex.74(didn’t put 1 point into it)
Vit. 242(After you got Str to 135 All your points go into it. In hell it is Very useful.
Energy. 47 (don’t put any into it)


How To Start
Have a friend help you Transfer in full Sigon, 2 manald, and a Eye of the Etlyich ammy. Every time you level up, put all your stats into str so you can use Sig as fast as you can. After that raise up your life till about 200 or so.

What to put skills into.
This is very controversial. But ONLY put points into things that add damage to bonespear ( the attack I recommend). Put all you skill points into teeth till level 12(besides the one from Den quest, but it into bone armor). Then when you are level 12, put it into bone wall, this adds more damage to teeth than what you would get by just putting points into teeth. Then when you level 18 put all you points into Bone Spear, till it is maxed. Then place your points into Bone Spirit, max it. Then max teeth,then bone wall, then bone armor. No points into prison, I repear NO POINTS INTO PRISION or the marrow walk glitch will not work.

How to level.
Do den, BR, and Cain. You will be around level 6 when you finish these. The do Trist runs till 15. Kill Andy, then Kill Radament. Don’t do sewer runs no use to. Kill stuff in Far Oasis, Lost City, and Arcane till level 21, then you can do cows. Some people say you can do cow runs at lvl 20, they are wrong, you get little xp at 20, do it at lvl 21. Join a cow game in which there is a high lvl character for normal, 60 or above. Do runs till 24.Get rushed, and after you finish ancients you will be level 25, this is when u get xp from norm baal. Do norm baal till level 40, then get rushed in Nightmare. Do NM baal runs till 70. Then get rushed in Hell, ect.


If you have Any Question, email me at stillaintgettnany@yahoo.com
Nick.


There is not much different between his Necromancer with mine EXCEPT he prepared the equipment for his necromancer before he start the game. However, with his article, the only information he able to supply to me is :
Right now after 3 long days of playing I am lvl 71. I do about 3.3k with bone spear, and almost 4k with bone spirit. And I am still getting more damage.

well, with a great eqiupment on lvl 71, he gets 3.3k damage, while mine on lvl 73 with 1.7k damage.

I have few suggestion to save this Necromancer aka to make him continue his journey on Patriarch rank.
First : I already compiled a list of Runeword that can be used according to levels. This runeword list, might able to suggest me some equipment to use to boast my survivality in Hell as my Necromancer really really weak in resistance espcially Lighthing.
Second : Hunt the item listed on the red article above
Third : Using the First suggestion, but into Mercenary to boast his damage against "Immune To Magic"[ My weakness as im totally Magic User ]. His current situation where his damage is weak, roughly 200~300++ damage [ which is totally weak against the "Immune To Magic" ]. His resistance are quite good as he able to stand the elemental damages but not physical damage nor magic damage.

There is few weakness that i spot in this three suggestion.
First weakness : The Runeword might able to boast my survivality, but i had to sacrifice my damages. Most of my equipment that i pick up are + skills on Necromancer aka boasting my Bone Spear damage. My current situation on damage is already weak, and will it gets weaker if i change to Runewords equipment?

Second weakness : Hunting is fun, but it might painful as it is time consuming. Beside that, i dont know which place is suitable to hunt the stuff listed above. It also lost the originality aka my play style concept IF i "copied" the idea. Beside that, with his suggestion of using MARROWWALK is unacceptable in my gameplay, as marrowwalk only provided 33 charges while i love to spam Bone Prison especially when i face bossess and unique bosses, where i can trap them inside and pierce them to death.

Im still making decision, however, i have a question in my mind. Why does my Mercenary takes extra damages when he face "Immune to Physical" mobs?

PJ Low

No comments: